Mr. Souss joined PMA in 1997 after graduating from Yale Law School, and became a partner in 2003. He is a member of the Firm’s Corporate Law Department. Jorge’s practice covers a broad range of matters in the area of corporate and commercial law, with particular emphasis on investment company law and commercial and real estate lending.
Place of birth:
San Juan, PR
- Yale Law School, New Haven, CT
- Georgetown University, Washington, DC
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, 1997
- Represented investment advisers and investment company complexes in launching new mutual funds and in mergers and acquisitions of investment companies; provided advice on an on-going basis concerning legal and regulatory matters; and prepared offering documents, service agreements, proxy statements and other materials.
- Represented lenders in construction or refinancing loans to developers of low-income housing complexes.
- Represented banks in sale and servicing agreements for mortgage loans and vehicle and equipment leases.
- Represented limited partnerships in mark-to-market loan restructuring transactions with U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Represented gaming companies in obtaining Puerto Rico licenses and provided advice on an on-going basis concerning legal and regulatory matters.
- Provided advice to U.S. broker-dealers and financial institutions regarding securities offerings in Puerto Rico.