As a partner in the Firm’s Corporate group, Mr. Hull’s practice covers a broad range of matters in the area of corporate and commercial law, with particular emphasis in real estate development and bank financing. In connection with his real estate practice, Mr. Hull’s focus is on retail, hotel and office development. His clients include developers, purchasers, sellers, landlords and tenants, including several leading national retailers that have established operations in Puerto Rico. In connection with his financing practice, he has acted as lead counsel in some of the largest and most complex syndicated bank financings in Puerto Rico. He has represented both lenders and borrowers in loan transactions involving leveraged buyouts, project finance, real estate acquisitions, construction finance, and workouts and restructurings. Donald also works extensively with many of the leading international law firms as special local counsel on transactions originated outside of Puerto Rico.
- Represented the borrower in the $172,000,000 financing for the acquisition of two luxury hotels in Puerto Rico.
- Represented the foreclosing lender in the sale and disposition of commercial and residential development projects.
- Represented the lender in the $115,000,000 refinancing of an existing resort hotel and casino.
- Represented the borrower in the $70,000,000 acquisition financing for the purchase of two office buildings in the financial district of San Juan.
- Represented the bank syndicate in the $250,000,000 loan to refinance the largest shopping mall in Puerto Rico and the Caribbean.
- Represented the seller in the sale of five shopping centers located thoughout the Island.
- Represented the bank syndicate in the $50,000,000 financing for the purchase of hospitality assets in Puerto Rico.
- Represented the developer in the acquisition, development, financing and leasing of various shopping centers in Puerto Rico.
- Represented various well-known national retailers in the acquisition and ground leasing of new store sites in Puerto Rico.
- Represented the purchaser in the acquisition and financing of six shopping centers in Puerto Rico.
- Represented the developer in several build-to-suit projects for a leading national retailer.
- Represented the bank syndicate in the $95,000,000 financing for the acquisition of a major local retailer with more than sixty stores on the Island.
- Represented the lender in the $115,000,000 interim construction loan and permanent financing for the construction of a marina and related upland office/retail facilities.
- Represented the lender in the $135,000,000 loan to finance the acquisition of two major resorts in Puerto Rico.
- Represented the bank syndicate in the $270,000,000 refinancing of three portfolios of office buildings in Puerto Rico.
- Represented the bank syndicate in the restructuring of a $199,000,000 interim construction loan for the construction of a mixed use residential/retail project in Puerto Rico.