Edwin joined PMA in 2004 as a Partner in the Corporate, Environmental and Land Use Law Practice groups. His practice covers a broad range of matters in the areas of environmental and land use law, with particular emphasis in real estate development, permitting matters and related disputes at the administrative and judicial levels. Mr. Cruz represents developers proposing a wide variety of projects, including residential, commercial, industrial, touristic and mixed-use projects. He also represents clients (including purchasers, sellers, landlords, tenants and financial institutions) in commercial transactions.
- Represented one of the world’s largest hospitality companies in the acquisition, development and operation of a well-known, mixed-use resort in Puerto Rico.
- Represented a local developer in environmental and land use matters related to the development and construction of a well-known, mixed-used resort in Puerto Rico.
- Represented the developer in environmental and land use matters related to the proposed siting of a mixed-use resort formerly proposed for Puerto Rico.
- Represented various developers in the establishment and operation of private utility companies.
- Represented national outdoor advertising companies in the establishment of operations in Puerto Rico, as well as in general compliance matters and disputes at the administrative and judicial level.
- Represented a national telecommunications company in the acquisition of telecommunications towers and facilities in Puerto Rico, as well as in general compliance matters and disputes at the administrative and judicial level.