Mr. Souss joined PMA in 1997 after graduating from Yale Law School, and became a partner in 2003. He is a member of the Firm’s Corporate Law Department. Jorge’s practice covers a broad range of matters in the area of corporate and commercial law, with particular emphasis on investment company law and commercial and real estate lending.
- Represented investment advisers and investment company complexes in launching new mutual funds, mergers and acquisitions of investment companies, and changes of control of investment advisers; provided advice on an on-going basis concerning legal and regulatory matters; prepared offering documents, service agreements, proxy statements and other materials.
- Represented lenders in construction or refinancing loans to developers of low-income housing complexes.
- Represented limited partnerships in loan-restructuring transactions with U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Represented foreign company entering United States market in opening of branch office in Puerto Rico and negotiations of management and operations services contract with Puerto Rico government entity; provided advice on an on-going basis concerning legal and regulatory matters.
- Represented gaming companies in obtaining Puerto Rico licenses; provided advice on an on-going basis concerning legal and regulatory matters.
- Represented banks in sale and servicing agreements for mortgage loans and vehicle and equipment leases.
- Provided advice to U.S. broker-dealers and financial institutions regarding securities offerings in Puerto Rico.